CHORAL SCHOLARS WANTED
The Anglican Parish of Saint Andrew offers a number of choral scholarships. The recipients will become members of the
Saint Andrew’s Parish Choir for the duration of the scholarship.
The expectations of scholarship holders are;
- To sing as a chorister each Sunday at one choral service during term
time, Choral Evensong and special services occasionally, and at the major festivals of Easter, Christmas and Patronal Festival.
- To attend a weekly evening rehearsals in term time (Wed. 7.30-9.00pm)
- To apply themselves to music learning and to the discipline of the Choir
- To take part in any additional concerts, services or outreach which may take place from time to time. (due notice given)
- To take a full part in the life of the Choir
The scholarships are for secondary and tertiary students between the ages of 14 and 30 years
All applicants will be given a simple audition auditioned
(Sunday Services are at 9.30am (rehearsal 9.00am) occasional Evensong (7.00pm)
The scholarships are to the value of $800 each, per annum @ $200 per term. Candidates do not need to be a member of any religious group-the scholarships are open to all regardless of any particular beliefs. No tax is paid on a scholarship.For further information please contact the Director of Music.
Neil W Shroff, MNZM BEd HDipTchg FLCM ARSCM LTCL
Director of Music
Telephone ; (09) 575 8874
E mail; email@example.com